Friday, April 15, 2011

Finishing Up With Winter

spring is finally here. i swear this has been the longest. most depressing winter. i have had way too much going on and unfortunately that left me with very little time to do all the crafty things that i love and that make me happy. here are two projects i can share - not the most glamourous but finished! - just click on the names to go to ravelry.

swans island sweater
swans island sweater
yarn: swan's island organic merino in worsted weight
needles: #7 circular
pattern: auburn top from new england knits

i didn't make any real modifications to this except to make it a little longer. the sweater is just ok but the yarn was a delight to knit with. definitely worth the large price tag :)

mom's coat
detail mom's coat
detail mom's coat
yarn: rowan felted tween aran
needles: #7 straight
pattern: audrey coat from blue sky alpacas

the major mod i made was to use a much thicker tweedy yarn. when i saw this pattern i thought it called for a tweed. i hate to say bad things about patterns and there was nothing "wrong" with this one but god was it boring! i had been working on it off and on for a year and i am so glad to be done! was originally planning on making one of these for myself as well but not anymore - so glad i didn't buy all the yarn.

the best news right now in my life is i have decided to step down as pta president from my son's school. it was making me so unhappy and i feel it left me in a way worse position to actually help out there and make a real difference. i am looking forward to this summer and then coming back in the fall. i can volunteer for only the events i want to be involved with and have a lot more time to do the stuff that puts a smile on my face and take care of my family.
i am working on a bunch of projects right now that i am actually excited about - a quilt, a knit dress for myself and i have an idea for a sweater design for my daughter.
onward!

No comments: